top of page

The Shop

"Our story of the village shop begins in 1831, when the shop was owned by James Clark and Daniel Gibson... Myles Farrer, a Grocer and Tea Merchant acquired the store in the 1860s and passed the establishment onto his son. By 1925, Robert Hindmarch (a miner at Force Crag) and Miss Letty Frances Strong acquired the Store..."

Letty Strong
The shop over the years
bottom of page